- (1989-2012): Member of the Research Team “Historiography and Ethnography of the Antiquity and of the Renaissance” (1062 PAI = HUM 235), Department of Greek Philology, University of Granada (Spain).
- (since 2012): Member of the Research Team “SAMAG: STUDIUM DE ANTIQUIS MUSICIS ARTIBUS GRANATENSE” (HUM 250), Department of Latin Philology, University of Granada (Spain).
- (since 1992): Associate Member of the Research Team (UPR) 76 of the Centre National de la Recherche Scientifique (CNRS), Villejuif (France), “Histoire des doctrines de la fin de l’Antiquité et du Haut Moyen-Age”, with special collaboration in the project Dictionnaire des Philosophes Antiques (ed. Dr. R. Goulet).
To date my research has centered on the field of Greek philosophy, specifically on cynic philosophy in the works of the moralist Teles. This research resulted in a reading of the fragments of Teles apart from the traditional criticism based on source analysis, which reveal a more interesting and independent Teles than was traditionally depicted.
My approach to the study of Greek philosophy encompassed different articles which were written for the Dictionnaire des Philosophes Antiques, with authors as diverse as the Stoics Cornutus and Epictetus, the polygraph and scholar Eratosthenes of Cyrene or the mathematician Hippocrates of Chios.
Several works are situated in the field of Greek Historiography mainly through the work of Diodorus of Sicile. My interest focussed on the study of different procedures (analogy, quotation) and literary themes. In the field of literary genre and once again through Teles oeuvre I was particularly interested in the problems of definition and consistency of the so-called cynic-stoic diatribe. The critical history of this concept reveals that it is a dark, modern construction, which previously requires to be clarified and redefined by the specialists to render it usable.
Finally my latest research is about the field of Greek codicology and paleography by means of cataloguing and studying Greek manuscripts preserved in different libraries in Granada particularly in the Sacromonte Abbey. All these manuscripts date from the 16th century or later.
Participation in recent or present projects:
- The Greek orators in the Spanish manuscripts (II): Critical editions (HUM2005-02415/FILO) directed by Dr. Felipe G. Hernández Muñoz (2006-2008).
- The Greek orators in the Spanish manuscripts (III): Epideictic, apocryphal and epistolar oratory (FFI2008-01087/FILO) directed by Dr. Felipe G. Hernández Muñoz (2009-2011).
- Greek manuscripts in Spain and its European context (ref. FFI2011-25805), directed by Dr. Felipe G. Hernández Muñoz (2012-)
- Ovid’s Metamorphoses (HUM-1019) directed by Dr. Antonio Ramírez de Verger (2005-2008).
- Ovidiana: critical commentary and edition of the Metamorphoses of Ovid (FFI2008-01843/FILO) directed by Dr. Antonio Ramírez de Verger (2009-2013).