The Fall Workshops on Geometry and Physics have been held yearly since 1992, and bring together Spanish and Portuguese geometers and physicists, along with an ever-increasing number of participants from outside the Iberian peninsula. The meetings aim to provide a forum for the exchange of ideas between researchers of different fields in Differential Geometry, Applied Mathematics and Physics. Some of the topics included are:
- Classical theory of fields
- Control theory
- Integrable systems
- Lie algebroids and mechanics
- Lorentz geometry
- Mechanics of continuous media
- Poisson geometry
- Quantum gravity
- Quantum mechanics
- Riemannian and pseudo-Riemannian geometry
- String theory
- Supergravity and supersymmetry
- Symplectic and contact geometry
The workshop will consist of two mini-courses, plenary talks given by invited speakers, contributed short talks and poster sessions. The mini-courses are
- Valter Moretti (University of Trento). “Advanced Quantum Mechanics”.
- Daniel Peralta (Instituto de Ciencias Matemáticas- ICMAT), "Fluid Mechanics: knots and links".
The plenary speakers will be announced soon.
Please, visit the web page http://cud.unizar.es/xxivifwgpzgz/home for more instructions about how to submit an abstract for a short talk or poster presentation. In this web page you have more information about the workshop. Please note the important date *May 31st* for the submission of contributions and *July 31st* for the reduced registration fee (student 100 euros, normal 150 euros, in both cases, plus 20 euros if paid after July 31.)
The Organizing Committee
Silvia Vilariño Fernández