The Second Announcement
The organizers of the international conference Foliations 2016 – Paweł Walczak’s 50 years in mathematics warmly welcome all the mathematicians interested in the field of foliations to participate in our meeting. The conference is hosted by the Research and Conference Center IMPAN in Będlewo, Poland and takes place in from 11th until 17th of July 2016.
Lectures will start on Tuesday morning, July 12 and end on Saturday evening, July 16.
Foliations 2016 is a satellite of the 7th European Congress of Mathematics (July 18-22, 2016, Berlin, Germany).
Foliations 2016 is intended to cover all classical and contemporary aspects of the foliation theory with topics influencing and influenced by foliations. These include foliations and laminations of 3-mainifolds, geometric structures (Riemannian, holomorphic, symplectic, contact, confoliations, Engel), one multidimensional dynamics, group actions, holonomy groups and pseudogroups, extrinsic and conformal geometry of foliated Riemannian manifolds, rigidity, characteristic classes etc. We hope to meet well-known experts together with young people and more experienced researchers working in the area. All the participants are encouraged to submit contributed talks or posters.
Foliations 2016 is the sixth conference organized by the Chair of Geometry of the University of Łódź and by Paweł Walczak’s collaborators. The previous meetings were held in Łódź, (1990, 2005, 2012) and Warsaw (1995, 2000). The conference is supported by the Faculty of Mathematics and Computer Science of the University of Łódź, the Stefan Banach International Mathematical Center and the Warsaw Center of Mathematical and Computer Science.
The scientific program consists of invited speakers’ lectures as well as contributed talks and poster session. A banquet (July 13) and a sightseeing (July 14) are planned.
The following colleagues accepted the invitation for a lecture during Foliations 2016:
- Julliette Bavard (Universite Pierre et Marie Curie Paris 6)
- Jonathan Bowden (Ludwig-Maximilians-Universitaet Muenchen)
- Steven Frankel (Yale University)
- Sebastian Hurtado-Salazar (University of Chicago)
- Remi Langevin (Universite de Bourgogne)
- Olga Lukina (University of Illinois at Chicago)
- Kathryn Mann (University of California at Berkeley)
- Hirokazu Maruhashi (Kyoto University)
- Emmanuel Militon (Universite de Nice)
- Andres Navas (Universidad de Santiago de Chile) to be confirmed
- Daniel Peralta-Salas (ICMAT Madrid)
- Joaquin Perez (Universidad de Granada)
Accommodation and payment
All the participants will be accommodated at the Research and Conference Center IMPAN in Będlewo. The conference fee is 100 euro, which includes abstract booklet, coffee breaks and conference items. The participant accommodation costs 300 euro and it covers full-board accommodation and banquet participation. The accompanying person accommodation fee is 200 euro. The details of the payment will be provided to registered participants.
If you wish to pay the fees by cash after arrival, the conference fee will be increased to 150 euro.
Polish participants are pleased to contact the organizers for bank data for Polish złoty transfers.
Będlewo is located near Poznań, a large city in the western Poland. The closest international airport is Poznań Airport (POZ), but the Warsaw Fryderyk Chopin International Airport (WAW) is also a convenient destination. The transfer from Warsaw Airport to Poznań Główny Railway Station lasts about 3 hours. The timetable of Polish Railways is available at http://rozklad-pkp.pl/en.
You could consider also Berlin airports Schoenefeld (SXF) and Tegel (TXL) and then train to Poznań (direction Warsaw).
If you plan to give a talk or present a poster, please fill in the field title in the registation form and attach an abstract (1 page LaTEX format is strongly recommended).
Abstract submission: May 31, 2016
Registration and fee payment (bank transfer): June 15, 2016
The third announcement containing practical information will be sent to registered participants by the end of May, 2016.
- Jesús A. Álvarez López, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela, Spain
- Taro Asuke, University of Tokyo, Japan
- Danny Calegari, University of Chicago, USA
- Maciej Czarnecki, Uniwersytet Łódzki, Łódź, Poland
- Hélène Eynard-Bontemps, Université Pierre et Marie Curie, France
- Thomas Vogel, Max-Planck-Institut fuer Mathematik, Germany
- Marek Badura (UŁ)
- Maciej Czarnecki (UŁ)
- Małgorzata Ciska-Niedziałomska (UŁ)
- Marzena Jaworska-Banert (UŁ)
- Ilona Michalik (AGH Kraków)
- Kamil Niedziałomski (UŁ)
- Szymon Walczak (NCN)