The IEMath-GR has a conference room (capacity 84 people), two seminar rooms (capacity 20 people each), two working rooms (capacities 4 and 6 people), lecture room, library, computer room, 13 indivifual offices y 37 places in 8 shared offices. The conference room and seminars are equipped with blackboards and video-projectors connected to computers. All offices dispose of internet connection points, and wireless internet is available eveywhere in the building.
The following equipment is now available to all the members of the institute.
- 55 desktop computers with i7 Intel processors and Windows 7, and 6 iMac with OS X, located in both individual and shared offices at IEMath-GR. All these computers are connected to the local network (which is part of the UGR network).
- 2 Xerox machines located at floors 0 and 2, model Aficio MP C2051 (manual, drivers) and 1 colour printer, model Aficio SP C430DN (manual, drivers). These devices are accessible through the local network, and so can be used from the computers described in the preceding paragraph.
- 3 laptops with Windows 7/10.
- Ethernet connections in each room of the building, together with UGR WIFI connection.
- More than 200 mathematical monographs from Springer-Verlag, Dover and others, available at the IEMath-GR library. These are indexed in the general database of the Faculty of Sciences Library of the Universidad de Granada.
- Digital whiteboards and videoconferencing capabilities in the three main rooms of the institute (HD cameras and integrated sound system). These boards can be used in conjunction with the guillotine blackboards already installed in the rooms.
- Furniture for offices and rooms.
About the videoconferencing systems
In IEMath-GR there are 2 differents videoconferencing hardware: Aver and Lifesize.
The Aver hardware in IEMath-GR consists in HD camera + external microphone-speaker. This hardware is compatible with most of the software which uses camera, microphone or speaker. In IEMath-GR these sources usually work with Adobe Connect or skype.
Adobe Connect is one of the software packages for the IEMath-GR platform which uses HD camera and external microphone-speaker. For a remote connection, the system just needs camera, microphone and speaker (or headphones) and a web browser, so it can also be used with external devices.
IEMath-GR also has a Skype account which provides IEMath-GR of an easy way to share video. Like Adobe Connect, for a remote connection, Skype just needs camera, microphone and speaker (or headphones) and the free software avaiable on Skype website, so it can also be used with external devices.
Here you can get a document (written in spanish) which explains how those systems can be used in IEMath-GR’s devices.
Lifesize provides the last of the hardware and software for the IEMath platform. The system allows the following procedures.
- Videoconferencing between IEMath sites having Lifesize software, or with external devices having Lifesize Video Client installed.
- Recording HD videos of events organized at IEMath-GR, hosted in a server. These contents are accesible via streaming.
This manual explains the use of the Lifesize system installed in the three rooms of IEMath-GR; the remote client is available at http://clearsea.iemath.org/. Instructions of use for the client can be found in http://www.lifesize.com/video-help/es/video-getting-started-video.html
In addition to the above manuals, you can also find explanatory videos of Lifesize in the following links.
Lifesize & Blackboard Lear: Video Conferencing for Education