We are pleased to announce that the international conference MODERN ADVANCES IN GEOMETRY AND TOPOLOGY will be organized in honor of professor Alexander A. Borisenko to emphasize his diverse contribution to geometry and to celebrate his 70th birthday.
The conference will take place in V.N. Karazin Kharkiv National University (Kharkiv, Ukraine) on September 12 – 16, 2016 (suggested arrival is September 11) under the support of
- Kharkiv Mathematical Society (represented by Prof. Eugene Khruslov)
- V. N. Karazin Kharkiv National University (represented by Prof. Mykola Azarenkov)
- B.Verkin Institute for Low Temperature Physics and Engineering of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine (represented by Prof. Gennadiy Feldman)
The scientific committee of the conference:
- D. Bolotov (ILTPE, Kharkiv)
- A. Borisenko (Sumy State University)
- S. Maksymenko (Institute of Mathematics, Kyiv)
- V. Miquel (University of Valencia)
- Yu. Nikolaevsky (La Trobe University, Melbourne)
- U. Simon (TU Berlin)
- P. Walczak (University of Lodz)
We are pleased to announce the following list of invited speakers (*= tentative, not confirmed):
- Yuri Aminov (ILTPE, Ukraine)
- Dmitri Alekseevsky (Czech Republic)*
- Dmytro Bolotov (ILTPE, Ukraine)
- Sergei Buyalo (Steklov Institute of Mathematics, Russian Federation)
- Eduardo Gallego (Universitat Autonoma de Barcelona, Spain)*
- Oldrich Kowalski (Charles University, Czech Republic)*
- Laslo Kozma (University of Debrecen, Hungary)*
- Boris Kruglikov (University of Tromso, Norway)
- Sergiy Maksymenko (Institute of Mathematics of NAS, Ukraine)
- Vicente Miquel (University of Valencia, Spain)
- Alexander Mishenko (Moscow State University, Russian Federation)*
- Antonio Naveira (University of Valencia, Spain)*
- Yuri Nikolaevsky (La Trobe University, Australia)
- Barbara Opozda (Jagiellonian University, Poland)
- Alexander Prishlyak (Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv, Ukraine)
- Evgenii Rodionov (Altai State University, Russian Federation)*
- Alfonso Romero (University of Granada, Spain)*
- Idzhad Sabitov (Moscow State University, Russian Federation)
- Vladimir Sharafutdinov (Novosibirsk State University, Russian Federation)*
- Udo Simon (TU Berlin, Germany)
- Viktor Slavskii (Yugra State University , Russian Federation)*
- Iskander Taimanov (Novosibirsk State University, Russian Federation)*
- Keti Tenenblat (Universidade de Brasilia, Brasil)*
- Pawel Walczak (University of Lodz, Poland)
- Vlad Yashkin (University of Alberta, Canada)
- Michael Zarichnyi (Ivan Franko National University of Lviv, Ukraine)
The scientific program of the conference will include 40 minutes invited talks, along with 15 minutes contributed talks and posters in one of the following conference topics:
- Geometry of submanifolds
- Global differential and Riemannian geometry
- Curvature flows
- Pseudo-Riemannian, Finsler and Kahler geometries
- Lie groups and homogeneous spaces
The list of the conference topics reflects the vast diversity of Alexander Borisenko’s research interests.
Official language of the conference is English.
The conference fee is 350 UAH (15 EUR) for senior researchers, 250 UAH (10 EUR) for recent PhDs, and 150 UAH (5 EUR) for graduate students. The fee covers conference materials, coffee breaks and welcome party, and should be paid in cash during the registration on the first day of the conference. The conference dinner is planned on September, 14 (tentative), the details TBA.
Please visit the conference web-site http://magt.karazin.ua/ for further details on registration, abstracts submission, accommodation, traveling, cultural program, etc.
We also kindly ask you to forward this e-mail to your colleagues and students — all who might be interested in attending the conference.
Looking forward to meeting you in Kharkiv!
(on behalf of the organizing committee)