We have established, together with Prof. Acuña-Castroviejo and Prof. Escames, an instrumentation platform to catalyze our research studies on mitochondrial function in health and disease. This is complemented with highly costs instruments available in the central facilities of the University of Granada.
Seahorse XF24 Analyzer
- Live cell and mitochondrial bioenergetics.
- High-throughput, 24-well microplate format.
- Respiration and glycolysis measurements.
- High resolution mitochondrial respiration.
- Two chambers for measurements in cells, isolated mitochondria and muscle fibers.
- Respiration and membrane potential.
Q Exactive™ Focus Hybrid Quadrupole-Orbitrap MS
- Targeted Metabolomics.
- Un-targeted Metabolomics .
Shimadzu and Gilson HPLC systems
- UV and fluorescence detectors for measuring ATP, ADP, AMP, melatonin and MDA levels.
- ESA Colouchem III electrochemical detector for measuring CoQ10 and CoQ9 levels.
Stratagene Mx3005p RT-PCR system
- Gene expression of mitochondrial-related genes
- Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) copy number
- SNP genotipyng
OpenArray® Real-Time PCR Platform
- High-throughput gene expression analysis.
Centrifuges and ultracentrifuges
- Subcellular fractionation and mitocondrial isolation.
Electrophoresis and transfer systems / Kodak Image station
- Protein quantification by western-blot.
- Blue Native Gel Electrophoresis for mitochondrial supercomplexes detection.
- Complex I in gel activity.
Cuvette and plate spectrophotometers and spectrofluorometers
- Mitochondrial complexes activities.
- Mitochondrial membrane potential.
- Antioxidant systems (Mn-SOD, glutathione).
Smart system and treadmill for mice
- Evaluation of mouse locomotor activity.
- Mouse exercise training.
- Mas spec
- Electron microscopy
- Flow citometry
- MRI for small rodents
- Animal facility with SPF zone