Physics graduate at the University of Granada (1992-1997, UGR). PhD thesis “Interfacial characterization of the adhesion of industrial emulsions” (1998-2002, UGR). Torres Quevedo researcher at Laboratoire du Pôle d’Émulsions of EUROVIA-France (2003-2005) and post-doc fellow at the University of Trento-Italy (2005-2006). “Ramón y Cajal” Fellow in the Applied Physics Department (2006-2011, UGR). Lecturer (2011-2015, UGR). Associate professor (2015-, UGR).
My research topics are Contact angle hysteresis, Emulsions for waterproofing and road paving, Self-assembly of nanoparticles at three-phase contact lines and liquid-fluid interfaces and Bioadhesive surfaces. Since 2002, researcher of 11 industrial contracts (art. 11/45 LRU – 68/83 LOU) funded by Repsol-YPF, KOLMER, OPERON, RYLESA, TECNIMACOR and CETURSA. Leader of “Ramón y Cajal” project (Rationalized design of cationic bituminous emulsions enhanced for road paving-15k€), of two regional research projects (Complex fluids confined at curved interfaces- 196k€ and Design of high-performance non-sticky coatings-44k€) and two MINECO research projects (Design and preparation of Liquid-Repellent Surfaces Operating in Extreme Conditions 108.9 k€ and Fabrication of Long-Lasting Low-Adhesion Metal-Based Surfaces-82.8k€). H-index 19 (WoS). Co-author of 58 JCR papers and one national patent. Since 2005 supervisor of 10 PhD Thesis (UGR) and 8 MSc Thesis (UGR). Co-organizer of “International Workshop on Bubble and Drop Interfaces” 2007, “Food Colloids 2010” and “International Soft Matter Conference”, 2010.
Supervisor of 6 Bachelor’s thesis (UGR, UCO). Since 1999, teaching activity (~1400h) in more than 6 graduate courses and 2 post-graduate courses (UGR). Participation in 8 teaching innovation projects (UGR). Currently, I am teaching Mechanics and Waves for physicists and Fundamental Physics for Telecommunication Engineering. Co-author of 3 JCR papers on physics teaching and 4 papers in the Revista Española de Física.
- From 23/10/2015: Associate professor of the Department of Applied Physics of the University of Granada.
- 23/03/2011-23/10/2015: Lecturer of the Department of Applied Physics of the University of Granada.
- 01/06/2006-22/03/2011: Researcher of the Ramón y Cajal Programme (ref. RYC-2005-000983) in the Department of Applied Physics of the University of Granada. Research: Rationalized design of cationic bituminous emulsions enhanced for road paving (RDBE).
- 13/05/2005-31/05/2006: Postdoctoral position (ref. EX2005-0541) supported by the Spanish Ministry of Education and Science, in the Polymers and Composites Laboratory of the Department of Materials Engineering and Industrial Technologies (DIMTI) of the University of Trento.
- 01/10/2003-12/05/2005: Researcher in the Laboratoire du Pôle d’Émulsions of EUROVIA, a French company of road construction.
- 01/06/2003-30/09/2003: Researcher in the Department of Applied Physics of the University of Granada. Research contract Breaking Kinetics of Bitumen Emulsions funded by Repsol-YPF S.A.
- 04/06/2002-31/05/2003: Researcher in the Department of Applied Physics of the University of Granada. Research contract Breaking and Adhesion Mechanisms of Bitumen Emulsions funded by Repsol-YPF S.A.
- 01/01/2002-03/06/2002: Link-to-Postdoctoral position grant from the University of Granada.
- 15/01/1999-31/12/2001: Ph.D. grant funded by European Regional Development Fund (ERDF) within the project entitled Physical-Chemical Aspects of cationic bituminous emulsions conceded to Biocolloid and Fluid Physics Group in the Department of Applied Physics of the University of Granada.
- Best poster in the 3rd section of 3rd World Congress on Emulsion hold in Lyon, France, September 2002. JPG
- University of Granada Award 2002 for research groups with industrial collaborations.