Profesor Titular de Lingüística Inglesa Aplicada
Address: Departamento de Filologías Inglesa y Alemana • Facultad de Filosofía y Letras • Universidad de Granada • 18071 Granada, Spain
Office hours (by appointment): check ‘tutorías‘.
Keywords: Second Language Acquisition, Bilingualism, Learner Corpora, Psycholinguistics, Acquisition of English/Spanish, Linguistics, Anaphora Resolution
- Current research project: ANACOREX (Anaphora: Triangulating corpus and experiments)
- MAIN RESEARCH PROFILE
- Google scholar profile: https://scholar.google.es/citations?user=HodMyZIAAAAJ&hl=en
- Research Gate profile: https://www.researchgate.net/profile/Cristobal_Lozano
- Orcid: https://orcid.org/0000-0003-0068-154X
- WoS Researcher ID: http://www.researcherid.com/rid/C-7350-2008
- Scopus Author ID: https://www.scopus.com/authid/detail.uri?authorId=13611848600
- Knowmetrics: https://red.knowmetrics.org/investigador/cristobal-lozano
- Dialnet: https://dialnet.unirioja.es/servlet/autor?codigo=887413
- UGR investiga
EDUCATION: Cristobal Lozano holds a BA in English Philology by the University of Granada (Spain), a Cert TESOL (Certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages) by Trinity College London, an MA in Second Language Learning by University of Herfordshire (UK), and a PhD in Second Language Acquisition by the University of Essex (UK) under the supervision of Roger Hawkins.
WORK EXPERIENCE: Cristóbal worked at the University of Hertfordshire (UK) as a Spanish Language Assistant. During his PhD, he worked at Essex University (UK) as a graduate teaching assistant and later as a teaching fellow. He then moved to the Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain) as a postdoctoral researcher (first with a postdoc scholarship and later with a ‘Juan de la Cierva’ contract) to work with Amaya Mendikoetxea. He worked there on Learner Corpora. After a brief stay at the Universidad de Castilla La Mancha as a assistant professor in English language, he moved to the Universidad de Granada (Spain) in 2006, where he is currently an associate professor in applied linguistics. In 2017 he obtained a Fulbright visiting researcher scholarship to work with Paola Dussias at Penn State University (USA) .
RESEARCH: He has published internationally on several areas of learner corpora and second language acquisition, particularly on L2 English and L2 Spanish. He directs the CEDEL2 corpus (L2 Spanish Written Corpus) since 2006. He has been Principal Investigator (PI) of research projects on second language acquisition and learner corpora (ANACOR, ANACOREX).
TEACHING: Cristóbal has taught extensively on second language acquisition, psycholinguistics, bilingualism and learner corpora at the Universities of Essex, Hertfordhire and Universidad de Granada.. He has also been invited to teach courses and seminars at different universities in Spain and abroad:
- Abroad: Universidade Nova de Lisboa (Portugal), University of Bremen (Germany), Meliksah University (Turkey), Denison University (USA), Penn State University (USA), University of Thessaloniki (Greece) & University of Cologne (Germany).
- Spain: Universidad del País Vasco (UPV/EHU), Universidad de Barcelona, Universidad Nacional de Educación a Distancia (UNED), Universidad Internacional Menéndez Pelayo (UIMP), Universidad de Lleida & Instituto Cervantes, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (UAM), Universidad de Valladolid, Universidad de Vigo, Universidad de Sevilla, Universidad de Santiago de Compostela.